Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fall thoughts


When Jon and I were in premarital counselling, one of the questions we had to answer was: What is your favourite time of year? With my head full of love, love, love my response was "Oh, I love ALL the seasons, there's not a season I really don't like – really." OK, so now that I've been married nine years, plus we now have three children, plus I've been in Nor-Cal six years – my thinking has changed. I LOVE Fall. I have not fallen in love with Fall, it has been more of a gradual growth/change of thought - a renewal of acquaintances with those things that I always like best about it.
Apples 1: Fall means I get the joy of buying fresh unadulterated apples – no waxy stuff on them and fresh from the orchard. You can bite into the apple and enjoy what God intended them to be – a crunch sensation, delicious! I like my fresh apple pies, baked apples, fresh sliced apples, etc., etc., etc.
Apples 2: Fall means High Hill is open for apples. Apple Hill has to be one of my favourite things about Fall in Nor-Cal. I enjoy going over to High Hill and eating those scrumptious apple donuts, and walking over to the Fudge Factory smelling all the chocolate, thus being inspired to go home and make my own (I can't pay $6 lb or more for my fudge).
School 1: Fall means starting back to school for us girls, and that has to be the best and scariest time. It's fresh, we have new material, and we have order/routine again (Summer we can be so lazy!). But it's fresh, we have new material, and we have order/routine again (Summer really is a lazy time for us!).
School 2: Fall means football. I like that we have young men at our church playing the sport with public and private schools. It has to be one of the most fun times in a Youth's experience to either play the game or participate in cheering them on.

No comments: